Saturday, November 2, 2013



      Wi-fi seemed to be a wonderful thing- so yesterday it was installed and everything was going smoothly as long as I was in the studio.... but I better not be in my office in the house or it becomes spotty- although now it is working very well- let's hope it continues.....

 I have been asked to do a demonstration at the Muddy River Arts group in November. It was decided that I would demonstrate in pastel since that is one of my primary mediums- Then I find out that I am only allotted 45 minutes to do a demonstration---- 45MINUTES!!!! That is short.
  At first I was stumped as to what to do and how to approach it. I have decided to do a simple still-life with one of my old copper teakettles and lemons. I have started it and am going to do part of it as a powerpoint presentation and only do the demonstration in one area. I am approaching this as if everyone was fairly new to pastel since I am not familiar with this group. I will forego my usual emphasis on composition since time is so short, which is too bad but maybe I
could do it in a nutshell but still include it.

I am having a lot of fun with this still-life and wish I could keep going but I need it only partially done.
I chose the blue ground because it would make the copper and lemons sing and I am pleased with my  choice. I will write an update of the demo after it happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment